Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 4

Thursday, Day 4


The catheter came out today. It didn’t hurt as bad I thought. Just a pinch. Now I have to get up to pee every hour or so. We have to record it. It’s about 200 ml each time.

Nights are terrible. I wake up covered in sweat and so hot I feel like I will vomit. So I throw off the blankets and then end up freezing. My body is having a very hard time regulating its temperature.

Luckily I get to sleep more than the other patients. The nurses wake me at midnight and 4 am to do my vitals instead of every 2 hours. They try to get me to stand to be weighed. It’s hard to get up. I’m losing weight every day.

I hate my antibiotic.

I feel very discouraged and depressed. Why is it taking me so much longer to get better? Most people go home by Friday. I’m still on the IV. They have no idea yet when I can go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment